Saturday 1 December 2007

bio

So this is the first blog and as you might have expected, the first of many. My blogs aren't for me to chat shit about my life though, they are to chat shit about video games and culture. This is a very opinionated view of gaming brought to you by me. I've been playing games all my life and being born in 1986, that means I was brought up in the thick of the gaming craze.

My first games machine was a commodore 64 Amiga which took floppy disks and played games like Monkey Island and Zool. These are truly some of the best games ever made (well, maybe not zool). After that, I played Snes and Megadrive, and since then I've either owned or been in very close contact to every single console released.

At the moment the only console I don't own is a Playstation 3 but I have my reasons for that. Unlike most gamers who are supported by their rich parents and journalists who need to own all the consoles for fear of not getting paid, I simply cannot afford to buy a PS3 at the minute. That's not to say that I won't own one... one day. And that's certainly not to say that I don't keep up with all PS3 releases and news.

The magazine I read is called Edge, its a very high class games magazine, the writers and the features are top notch and the opinions have always been kept intact without selling out. It is my dream to write for them one day.

At the moment I write occasionally for denofgeek.com, a webzine aimed at geek culture.

Thanks for taking time to read my blog, the first post should appear soon.

DG

No comments: