Thursday 24 January 2008

Future gaming

Games I'm looking forward to in the future (this list may include games that are already out that I can't afford and will buy in the future) are Zack & Wiki, NFL Tour, Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, Smash Bros. Brawl and GTA4.

Zack & Wiki is already out and it's supposed to be a Monkey Island for the Wii. Any time anyone mentions Monkey Island when they are describing a game, I'm there, it's just something I can't help. Monkey Island is probably one of my favourite games of all time. The animation, the sarcastic humour, the puzzles, the piratey theme, the great characters, the great dialogue, it's all just brilliant. I think it was the best of all of those point-and-click adventures that were popular at the time. So Zack & Wiki is supposed to be the Monkey Island of today and it's got the Japanese cute look to it which I'm often not too fond of but what could go wrong. It's bound to have annoyingly squeaky voices and the reviews I've seen say that this is the only real problem with it.

NFL Tour is something I've written about previously, saying that I was looking forward to it. I was until I read the IGN review! Seems that they've really stripped the game down and not in a good way like I'd hoped and they've made the single player mode really boring with no collectibles or stat-ups or anything like that. This is disappointing. I'm still probably going to get it and have a go because the multiplayer is said to be quite good but it's probably not going to be the cracker I was hoping for.

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin is the next installment in this brilliant series. My only problem with the last game was that it was too much like the ones before it and that was especially annoying since it had moved up to the DS. This game promises a ot more, especially in terms of the story. The gameplay, especially the power-ups have differed, making it more fair and much more tactical. I really want to play it but being British, of course I have to wait!

Smash Bros. Brawl is looking immense as ever. The dojo is really giving away some neat ideas of what the game's going to be like. I especially like the part about the Shadow Moses stage that communicates to Snake how to defeat the characters. They have videos, check it out. The rest of the game looks good; great stages, characters, pick-ups and that. Controls look nice and there's all the old favourites such as the home-run game, trophies, taunts and such, I can't wait.

GTA4. What can I say? I need this game in my life. GTA4 is one of those universally fun games. Some people love the missions, some people love the cars, some people love the mindless killing! It will be released eventually and when it does I've no doubt it will be one of the biggest grossing games of all time!

So there you go! I want them all!

No comments: