Thursday 24 January 2008

Life...

I've been playing a couple of games recently. One is Madden, which I have been playing a lot! It's one of those lazy things where I can't really be bothered to get up and change the disk, which is the ultimate in laziness but happens to me every day! I love the game, don't get me wrong, but I feel that it does get a little grating. I can't play the game online because the Americans are a hundred times better at it than I am. I would hope that the opposite would be true for something like Fifa because I am making a claim here that just because they are American means that they should be better at playing Madden. This generalisation might get me in trouble (with who I'm not sure) but fuck it! I think the thing about it is that you have to have a lot of experience to be good and I've only picked it up in the last few years. Is still enjoy the single-player and I think I'm getting better sometimes, then I go back online and get embarrassed!

The other game I've been playing is CoD4 which rarely gets old. The online is excellent although I don't really get the prestige mode. Surely this is just for elitists to boast about the special symbols next to their name but I would rather have a massive scope on my amazing gun! I end up playing team-tactical mode most times. There's something about the slow, calculated nature of search and destroy with only 6 players on the map that I love. And it seems to be the only mode which lets you play all of the game modes on a shuffle type setting. It had one but it disappeared! I suppose the best thing about CoD4 is that it's one of those games that you discover something new every now and again. Like discovering the joys of claymore mines for the first time or finding a new spot to hide that everyone goes past so you can blow their heads off without them knowing. I suppose the best thing is when you find yourself in a really evenly matched game with a couple of people who are really chatty and not complete dickheads!

I still haven't got round to playing HL2Ep2 which is a travesty I know. Having never played the Xbox version of HL2 before, I was intrigued to see what it played like so I started playing that with a view to moving on to Ep1 and then Ep2 after all that. I got bored, what can I say, I've played that game 6 times (I know, I'm sad!) and now I've run out of steam, no pun intended! I'm going to go back and play it because it is supposed to be really good installment. Are they going to release Ep3 on the Xbox. Is it going to be freestanding or is it going to be packaged in a different colour box, like turquoise?

Anyway, welcome to my gaming habits for the past few weeks!

No comments: